Wednesday, October 14, 2009

in this moment- Amy + Paul



Amazing thing about documenting weddings is that I often find myself in a truly remarkable, intense moment . And so this past Saturday trekking through a tough Manhattan traffic in a vintage checkered cab, stealing shots of snuggly backseat Amy and Paul, listening to Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland tunes and stories of old New York, told by Peter (cab's owner) was that magic moment.
Amy's day started at a Maritime Hotel, followed by a ceremony at Saint Patrick's Cathedral, and a fantastic reception at one of most unique Manhattan venues - 632 on Hudson..
Everyone loved the music provided by Sir Shorty coolest and best dressed New York DJ :)
Amy's spectacular looks were no surprise.. Her stunning features were enhanced by
Laura Nadeau my favorite make up artist and fantastic Jennifer Brent top NYC hair stylist was in charge of coiffures.
Last but not least, my amazing second shooter was NYC's finest.. Willi Wong

Amy + Paul .. you created a day full of inspiration- thank you!
















































3 comments:

  1. I love you Monika! You have me in tears. Amy looks flipping amazing and I am floored my the incredible photos. xolo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monika, you are one of the hardest working and one of the best photographers I have come to know. Your images are inspiring! And I look forward to have you second shoot for me soon! I totally enjoyed Amy and Paul's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Monika,

    We are floored. From the day we met you, you were everything we wanted this wedding to be. Personal, creative, humble, extraordinary, honest, beautiful. Paul and I are lucky, we know that. Love is a matter of circumstance, it is just a moment that you need be ready for, else it will pass you by like all moments do. You turned our moment into a memory and that memory into an heirloom.

    Meeting you was a gift.

    ReplyDelete